Thursday 4 August 2016

FRIENDS.

I did not know I had friends,
Until somebody had to stop traffic for me.
I did not know I had friends until somebody
had to watch the road for me.

I did not know I had friends, until somebody had to give up their pleasure,for my comfort.
I did not know I had friends,
Until somebody had to miss a day's work
because I had a hospital appointment.

I did not know I had friends
Until I fell ill and could not support myself.
I did not know I had friends,
Until somebody had to loose something.
so that I could gain.

I did not know I had friends,
Until somebody said they loved me to make me feel better.
I did not know I had friends until I became so sick.
I did not know that anybody cared
Until I could not care for myself.

I did not know I had neighbours,
Until I needed to know.
I did not know God existed
Until I became so desperate.

I did not know I was so human
Until somebody made me feel less human.
I did not know anything,
Until somebody said I knew.

Now I know something,
That I never knew anything.
Until I was accused of knowing something,
Something I still know not!

No comments:

Post a Comment